Bring The Nerds
Don’t miss i2Coalition Executive Director, Christian Dawson speaking today at New America on the Open Technology Institute panel: Bring The Nerds.
Basic Internet literacy can help foster sensible legislative positions on digital issues. An expert panel explores whether legislators and their staff have the resources necessary to build competence on Internet issues. Building on ongoing research (and a forthcoming white paper) on what tools are available for Congressional Internet education, we will explore what education exists, and what we can learn from challenges that educators have encountered.
Follow the conversation online using #BringTheNerds and by following @OTI and @i2Coalition.
Bring the Nerds: How We Can Educate Government About the Internet
- Tuesday, April 05, 2016
- 04:00 PM – 06:00 PM
- New America, 740 15th Street NW Suite 900 Washington, DC 20005
- Laurent Crenshaw
- Director of Public Policy, Yelp
- Former Congressional staffer
- Tim Lordan
- Executive Director, Internet Education Foundation (IEF)
- Meg King
- Director, Digital Futures Project, Wilson Center
- Lorelei Kelly
- Resilient Democracy Project Lead, Edward M Kennedy Institute for the Senate
- Christian Dawson
- Executive Director, i2Coalition
More information below!