Our industry has been and will continue to be at the forefront of fighting piracy, fraud, child endangerment, and other Internet-based legal offenses for decades to come. However, we are often cited as part of the problem, rather than being identified as front- line allies in the fight against crime on the Internet. The truth is that organizations within our industry have developed best practices for fighting online crime, but the industry as a whole has not agreed on a set of sensible self-policing policies.
The Internet Safety Working Group (ISWG) will leverage our member’s expertise and connections to create a strategic approach to increase the effectiveness of abuse reporting, and a number of other targets.
This working group plans to engage groups such as:
- M3AAWG(Messaging Malware Mobile Anti-Abuse Working Group)
- NCMEC (National Center for Missing and Exploited Children)
- APWG (Anti-Phishing Working Group)
- LEA (Law Enforcement Agencies)
- Issues to be the focus of the AAWG:
- Abuse Reporting
- Spam Best Practices
- Missing and Exploited Children Outreach
- Leverage NCMEC and INHOPE to participate in the Online Safety Day in February.
- DDoS Best Practices
- Fake Pharma Best Practices
The i2Coalition also provides an abuse reporting mail list for members and industry leaders to discuss abuse reporting issues. This list will be engaged by the ISWG. All are welcome to join, participate and contribute to these. More information about that list can be found here.
If you’d like to be involved with the Internet Safety Working Group, please contact Membership Director, Hilary van der Meulen, using the form below.
Get in touch with the i2Coalition.
"*" indicates required fields