The i2Coalition is hiring!
It’s been a great year for the i2Coalition! Not only have we continued to lead on important policy issues and expand our membership, but we’re also growing our leadership team. We’re looking for a Community Manager to help manage the day-to-day activities of our group. If you are motivated, organized, efficient, and have a strong interest in the Internet infrastructure, you could be a great fit. Check out the job responsibilities below and let us know if you’re interested in becoming part of the i2Coalition team!
Overall responsibility: Serve as the main point of contact for the i2Coalition’s growing membership base. Responsibilities to include managing internal member communications via social media and other online platforms; identifying and recruiting members to serve on various working groups; organizing networking events as needed; collaborating with the policy and advocacy and communications teams to identify other avenues of engagement for current members; and assist the Board of Directors and Executive Committee with the development and execution of a member benefits program.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Maintain an up-to-date member database that includes all current contact information.
- Manage and implement all internal communications via social media and other online platforms including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Assist the Board of Directors and Executive Committee in the development of a Member Benefits program.
- Develop strategies to increase member engagement, interaction and retention.
- Coordinate and manage member based networking events.
- Provide consultation and support to the Board of Directors in the establishment of annual member and community relations goals, objectives, and strategies.
- Serve as the primary contact for existing members.
- Conduct research on current member base and potential new areas for outreach.
- Maintain a schedule of annual conferences and tradeshows and identify areas of i2Coalition involvement.
- Assist the advocacy and communications teams to identify avenues of members engagement.
- Oversee all new member orientations.
- Assist Membership Director in identifying new potential members and lead generation as needed.
Consults with: Membership, Operations, Board of Directors, all members
- At least 2 years in public relations, public affairs, nonprofit programs or other related field.
- Social media proficiency
- Exceptional writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Open to direction, a collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Willingness to shift priorities quickly as needed
Apply! Please send your resume and cover letter to Board Chairman Christian Dawson by emailing [email protected].